Product DescriptionFeliway Pheromone Travel Spray
Pheromone Calming Aid For Cats
Ceva Feliway Pheromone Spray is used to stop or to prevent urinary marking by the cat.
Feliway Spray is also used to comfort the cat in an unknown or stressful environment (cage, car, boarding, new house, etc).
The Feliway Pheromone Travel Spray may be used in other specific cases and we advise you to discuss the use of the product with your veterinarian.
This innovative and patented product has some of the properties of feline facial pheromones.
Pheromones are chemical substances secreted by animals to confirm their territory and to communicate with others.
The cat usually uses facial pheromones to familiarize itself with its environment.
Surfaces that have been marked with these pheromones are recognized by the cat as familiar and comforting.
Facial pheromones are deposited by rubbing the object with the side of the face.
Among other properties, facial pheromones will inhibit urinary marking when applied to an area.
The marking involves a well recognized behavioral sequence where the cat:
- selects a vertical surface
- paws at the ground
- turns its back to the surface
- lifts its tail to a vertical position while remaining standing
- sprays the surface with a horizontal jet of urine
The cat will perform this behavioral sequence of urine marking:
- during a period of sexual activity
- following an event that changes its environment (new arrival: human or animal, new object or new furniture, new house or vacations, or any other event perceived by the cat as stressful).
Urine marks produced in this way are characterized by a strong smell, even though the quantity of urine deposited each time is usually small, and they are found at about 20 cm (8 in) above the floor.